Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve 2009

I'm not one for big New Year's Eve parties - in fact, ever since I completed my last chemo session on December 31, 1999 - I have preferred sitting around with friends and sharing a good bottle (or two) of cava and enjoying some fine food. This year, friends are gathering at our house for roasted chicken, french fries, arugula salad and truffled macaroni and cheese - my favorite side dish of all time. Here's the recipe for white truffle mac and cheese I found on-line at foodnetwork.com - it's really dreamy - especially since Sofia and I decided we should add an additional 1/4 cup of truffle oil! Lucy's bringing the flourless chocolate cake and Ryan is making hoop-la's - here's to ten year's!

6 comments:

Tricia said...

Sounds like a perfect and delicious evening. Wishing you a happy new year!

Suburban Stitcher said...

Wow!!! That is definitely an excellent thing to raise a glass to...10 years!!! Congratulations!!!

Miriam said...

Happy New Year Kaari!

I hope 2010 is full of wonderful creativity and continued good health.

That is a very grown up version of mac and cheese! yum!!!

Rachel said...

Congrats! Continued Health and Happiness in 2010 and beyond!

I can't wait to try that recipe!

Thanks!

KarenB said...

Oh my, your dinner sounds perfect! Some of my all time favorites: french fries, arugula, mac and cheese AND flourless chocolate cake! Perfection! Thanks for the link and have a very Happy New Year!

Gracie said...

The mac & cheese sounds wonderful -
I like Lillet, and will definitely try the Hoop La (and thanks for the link to Oh Gosh)